Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, I request all reports submitted to the Department of Justice by the San Diego Police Department as required by AB 2298, which includes data by ZIP code, race, gender, and age, on the following:
- The number of persons included in the database on the day of reporting.
- The number of persons added to the database during the immediately preceding 12 months.
- The number of requests for removal of a person from the database received during the immediately preceding 12 months.
- The number of requests for removal of a person from the database that were granted during the immediately preceding 12 months.
- The number of persons automatically removed from the database during the immediately preceding 12 months.
AB 2298 required this reporting to begin Jan. 15, 2018, and annually on January 15 thereafter, meaning there should only be two reports sent to the Department of Justice from your department. If it is your department’s position that all or some of this information is exempt from disclosure, please redact that portion of the record and provide the record in its entirety. Please also cite any exemptions and explain in writing how they apply to this case.
If I can provide any clarification that will help expedite your attention to my request, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-594-3569. In the interest of time, and to minimize the research and/or duplication burden on your staff, please send records electronically if possible. If that is not possible, I ask that you notify me of any duplication costs exceeding $10 before you duplicate records. Thank you!