Under the California Public Records Act, California Government Code § 6250 et seq., I am requesting copies of public records in the possession of the City of San Diego (“the Jurisdiction”) as described below:
- An inventory of all on-road, non-emergency motor vehicles weighing 8500 pounds or less that are owned, operated or leased by the Jurisdiction (collectively, “Light Duty Vehicles”), including:
- Make, model and year
- Extent to which any of the Light Duty Vehicles are plug-in hybrid electric vehicles or battery electric vehicles (collectively, “Electric Vehicles”)
- Acquisition cost per vehicle
- Miles traveled per year by vehicle, for each of years 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Gallons of gasoline used by each vehicle for each of years 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Documents showing expenditures for Light Duty Vehicles per year for the years 2015, 2016 and 2017, including fuel, parts and maintenance expenditures.
- Documents showing any cost/benefit analysis of procuring Electric Vehicles and/or Electric Vehicle Service Equipment for the Jurisdiction.
- Documents showing any plans, policies or requirements to transition any of the Jurisdiction’s Light Duty Vehicles to Electric Vehicles and/or procure Electric Vehicles or install Electric Vehicle Service Equipment.
- An inventory of all Electric Vehicle Service Equipment (electric vehicle chargers) currently in use by any of the Jurisdiction’s Light Duty Vehicles, including the voltage level of each charger (e.g., 110 volts, 240 volts).
- Documents showing expenses of procuring, installing and/or operating Electric Vehicle Service Equipment (charging stations) for use by Light Duty Vehicles.
- Documents reflecting any greenhouse gas emissions inventory for the Jurisdiction.
My preference would be to obtain these documents electronically in Word or Excel or other commonly used electronic format, via email to email@example.com.
If there are any fees for searching or copying these records, please inform me if the cost will exceed $10. However, I would also like to request a waiver of all fees in that the disclosure of the requested information is in the public interest and will contribute significantly to the public’s understanding of the status of public fleet electrification in California. This information is not being sought for commercial purposes.
The California Public Records Act requires a response within ten business days. If access to the records I am requesting will take longer, please contact me with information about when I might expect copies.
If you deny any or all of this request, please cite each specific exemption you feel justifies the refusal to release the information and notify me of the appeal procedures available to me under the law.
Thank you for considering my request.