Pursuant to the California Constitution, Article I, Section 3, subdivision (b), and the California Public Records Act, California Government Code Section 6250, et seq., I respectfully request you produce copies of public records in an electronic format to email@example.com that relate to the following check/warrant ("check"):
Our File: 141569
Payee: STANDARD PACIFIC HOMES
Check No: 1576630
For the above, please provide:
1. The front and back of the negotiated original check or negotiated replacement check.
2. An exact copy of the payment advice, check copy (not-negotiated), or other record(s) evidencing or reflecting that a replacement check was in fact issued.
3. Any record(s) evidencing, reflecting, referring to, or related to the reason(s) a replacement check will not be issued.
4. All records evidencing, reflecting, referring to, or related to the articles furnished, services provided, or other reasons for which the check was issued, including, but not limited to, invoices, contracts, payment advices, bills, purchase orders, vouchers, requisitions, refunds, etc.
5. All records evidencing, reflecting, referring to, or related to all reissue(s), including, but not limited to:
(a) All external and internal requests to reissue, approved or denied (cover letter, email, etc.);
(b) Claim forms;
(c) Power of attorney;
(d) Internal approvals or denials, documentation, computer comments, notes, etc.;
(e) All communications between any employee or agent of your agency/entity and any other person or entity, including, but not limited to, all documents, correspondences, letters, electronic mail, memorandums, computer comments, notes, etc.
Please treat each numbered request for records as a separate and discrete request, so that any delay in producing one request does not delay the production of any other request. And, for each numbered request, please inform me if, after a reasonable search, no responsive records whatsoever were located (i.e., 1. No records, 2 (a) Responsive records attached, 2 (b) No records, 3. No records. 4. No records, etc.). See Gov. Code, § 6253, subd. (c).
Please also inform me if you determine to withhold a responsive record its entirety or disclose it in redacted form. If you do intend to disclose any responsive record in redacted form, I ask that you redact that record for the time being (by blacking it out not whiting it out) and make the rest of the records available as requested. If you do determine to withhold any record in its entirety or redact any part of a disclosable record, please provide (i) a signed notification citing the legal authorities on which you rely and the reason(s) therefor, and (ii) the name and title of each person responsible for the decision. Gov. Code, §§ 6253, subd. (d), 6255, subd. (b).
Finally, pursuant to Gov. Code, § 6253.1, please assist me in identifying records and information responsive to my request or purpose of my request, describe the information technology and physical location in which the records exist, and provide suggestions for overcoming any practical basis for denying access to the records or information sought.
Thank you for your assistance in fulfilling this request.