Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, Government Code section 6250, et seq., we request the below-listed documents.
- City: means the City of San Diego, and any of its agents, employees, officials, or representatives.
- CCA: means California Commercial Asphalt Corporation, aka Commercial Asphalt, Inc.
- Documents: means any writing as that term is defined in California Evidence Code section 250, and as interpreted by the courts of this State, including but not limited to, letters, notes, memoranda, telegrams, e-mail, telexes, transcriptions or memoranda made of any communications, contracts, agreements, analyses, maps, charts, plans, diagrams, drawings, specifications, working papers, computer printouts, computer stored information, including scanned documents, work schedules, progress schedules, test data, design documents, books, records, diaries, audio and video recordings, moving pictures, photographs, slides, microfiche, bills, accounts, invoices, receipts, canceled checks, journals, and ledgers. It includes the original and any copies thereof which differ in any manner whatsoever from the original, and all drafts thereof. It refers to all writings of which you have knowledge and which are in your possession, custody or control, or that of your agents and employees, including your attorneys, engineers and investigators and their agents and employees. Documents include all electronically stored information as defined by Code of Civil Procedure section 2016.020 and “metadata” of Documents, including without limit all electronic media, devices, files, and data used to create, store, transfer, manipulate, or circulate Documents, whether in their current state or any previous state, including without limit all Excel files, Word files, descriptions of files, network servers, hard drives, backup and archiving files and devices, and all electronic data which describes when Documents were created, modified, accessed, stored, printed, manipulated, and circulated.
- Good Faith Effort Documentation: means those documents required to demonstrate the bidder made a good faith effort to outreach to and include small local business enterprises (SLBE) and emerging local business enterprises as required pursuant to City of San Diego Notice Inviting Bids, Article 4, for the below five contracts.
- All CCA quotes submitted with Good Faith Effort Documentation for City contract K-16-1426-DBB-3;
- All CCA quotes submitted with Good Faith Effort Documentation for City contract K-15-6229-DBB-2;
- All CCA quotes submitted with Good Faith Effort Documentation for City contract K-15-6230-DBB-3;
- All CCA quotes submitted with Good Faith Effort Documentation for City contract K-15-1313-DBB-3; and
- All CCA quotes submitted with Good Faith Effort Documentation for City contract K-15-1301-DBB-3.
We agree to pay search fees necessary to comply with this request up to the amount of $250.00. In the event that the total fee for this request is anticipated to exceed $250.00, we request expenditure of the agreed upon amount to retrieve those records which are most readily available, and notification of the extent of any additional fees necessary to comply with this request.
If digital versions are available and the quickest way to obtain the requested Documents, we request digital versions. If the Documents are too voluminous to obtain electronically, we will pick copies of the Documents up from your office. If the Documents are too voluminous for your office to sort through expeditiously, we will come to your office and select the records we need.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and a response within 10 days of receipt of this request, as required by the cited statute. Please call us with any questions. We look forward to working with the City to minimize the costs associated with this request.